History General Knowledge Part-2
1. Who became the first Indian to be elected to the House of Commons (lower house of British Parliament) in 1892?
ANS – Dadabhai Naoroji
2. From where did Mahatma Gandhi start the Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930?
ANS – Sabarmati
3. Who established Hindoo College in Kolkata in association with Alexander Duff and Dravid hare?
ANS – Raja Ram Mohan Roy(Established in 20 January 1817, Now Known as Presidency Univercity)
4. King George V. visited India during the tenure of which Viceroy and Governor General of India ?
ANS – Lord Hardinge (in 1911 he travelled to India to attend Delhi Durbar )
5. Which Indian musician won the Grammy Award for his collaborative music album ‘Golden Drum Project’?
ANS – Zakir Hussain (In 2009)
6. Who founded the Ikshvaku dynasty?
ANS – The First Jain Tirthankara Rishabhanath
7. In his first voyage to India, at which place Vasco da Gama landed?
ANS – Kozhikode (Calicut) on 20 May 1498
8. “Follow three jewels and five vows” – This is related to which religion?
ANS – Jainism
9. During which period of Indian History did the Kshatriyas have a distinct identity?
ANS – Age of the Buddha
10. During whose Governor Generalship the Maratha confederacy ended?
ANS – Lord Hastings