Geography Quiz Part-1
1. Which mineral is the ore of aluminium?
ANS – Bauxite
2. Which harbour is protected by a rocky headland called Dolphin’s Nose?
ANS – Visakhapatnam
3. Volcano Guallatiri is located in which country?
ANS – Chile
4. Narmada and Tapti rivers enters into which Sea?
ANS – Arabian Sea
5. Which is World’s biggest salt water lake?
ANS – Caspian Sea
6. What is the name of Thermal Power plant situated in Tamilnadu’s Tuticorin?
ANS – Mutiara Thermal Power Plant (MTPP), 1200 MW, Coal based
7. What is the main occupation of the people of polar region?
ANS – Livestock rearing
8. Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra Rivers are originated from which region?
ANS – Mansarovar Region
9. Which Planet is closest to the Sun?
ANS – Mercury
10. Name the the mountain range which stretches from Gujarat in the West to Delhi in the North?
ANS – Aravallis