In this topic, we provide General Knowledge on History, History Quiz, History quiz questions and answers, history general knowledge, history gk latest, History of India, History of World, Ancient Indian History, History quiz for class 7. We have a huge historical database here in quizkasamna.com .
History General Knowledge Part-2
1. Who became the first Indian to be elected to the House of Commons (lower house of British Parliament) in 1892?
ANS – Dadabhai Naoroji
2. From where did Mahatma Gandhi start the Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930?
ANS – Sabarmati
3. Who established Hindoo College in Kolkata in association with Alexander Duff and Dravid hare?
ANS – Raja Ram Mohan Roy(Established in 20 January 1817, Now Known as Presidency Univercity)
4. King George V. visited India during the tenure of which Viceroy and Governor General of India ?
ANS – Lord Hardinge (in 1911 he travelled to India to attend Delhi Durbar )
5. Which Indian musician won the Grammy Award for his collaborative music album ‘Golden Drum Project’?
ANS – Zakir Hussain (In 2009)
6. Who founded the Ikshvaku dynasty?
ANS – The First Jain Tirthankara Rishabhanath
7. In his first voyage to India, at which place Vasco da Gama landed?
ANS – Kozhikode (Calicut) on 20 May 1498
8. “Follow three jewels and five vows” – This is related to which religion?
ANS – Jainism
9. During which period of Indian History did the Kshatriyas have a distinct identity?
ANS – Age of the Buddha
10. During whose Governor Generalship the Maratha confederacy ended?
ANS – Lord Hastings
History General Knowledge Part-1
1. Krishna Dvaipayana, author of the epic Mahabharat, better known as ?
ANS – Veda Vyasa
2. By which Act the Commercial Rights of East India Company were abolished?
ANS – Charter Act 1833
3. Who helped Chandragupta Maurya to build the first great empire in India?
ANS – Kautilya
4. Which Government of India program aims to help, build or upgrade dwelling units of below the poverty line of rural families?
ANS – Indira Awaas Yojana
5. Which religion was embraced Chandra Gupta Maurya and then he became a Sanyasi?
ANS – Jainism
6. Which metal was not known to the Indus valley people?
ANS – Iron
7. Which Chalukya ruler stopped Harshavardhana from expanding into south after defeating him on the banks of Narmada river?
ANS – Pulkesin II
8. Wheat, Rice, Millet were grown by people of Harappan Civilization. True or False?
ANS – True
9. Who was Chandragupta Maurya’s Chief Advisor?
ANS – Chanakya
10. Chanakya was Chief advisor of Bindusara. True or False?
ANS – True. Chanakya was Chief Advisor of Both Chandragupta Maurya and his son Bindusara.