Your No.1 search for Best Traditional GK ends here. A wide range of GK available on our platform. Over 10,000 best traditional GK Questions and answers are taken from various previous exams including SSC, UPSC, Govt Examinations etc.
1. Which of the following is not true regarding the payment of the emoluments to the President?
A) They are charged on the Contingency Fund of India
B) They can be reduced during a Financial Emergency
C) They are shown separately in the budget
D) They do not require any parliamentary sanction
Ans – A) They are charged on the Contingency Fund of India
2. Which of the following is not specifically mentioned in Article 19 of the Constitution?
A) Freedom of speech and expression
B) Freedom of the press
C) Freedom to move freely
D) Freedom to assemble peacefully without arms
Ans – B) Freedom of the press
3. If an Indian citizen is denied a public office because of his religion, which of the following Fundamental Rights is denied to him?
A) Right to Equality
B) Right to Freedom
C) Right against Exploitation
D) Right to Freedom of Religion
Ans – A) Right to Equality
4. The first session of the Constituent Assembly was held in :
B) New Delhi
Ans – B) New Delhi
5. Which of the following items is wrongly matched?
A) January 24,’ 1950-the Constitution was finally signed by the members of the Constituent Assembly
B) November 26, 1949-the people of India adopted, enacted and gave to themselves the Constitution
C) December 9, 1947-Constituent Assemby’s first meeting
D) January 26, 1950-the date of commencement of the Constitution
Ans – C) December 9, 1947-Constituent Assemby’s first meeting
6. Which of the following is one of the characteristics of civil services in India?
A) Temporary Political Executive nexus
C) Neutrality and Impartiality
D) All of these
Ans – C) Neutrality and Impartiality
7. An ordinance promulgated by the President:
A) will automatically become a law after 6 months
B) will lapse on the expiration of 6 weeks from the meeting of the Parliament
C) will lapse automatically after 2 months
D) will continue to be in force till it is superseded by an Act of the Parliament
Ans – B) will lapse on the expiration of 6 weeks from the meeting of the Parliament
8. Which Schedule of the Constitution of India contains special provisions for the administration and control of Scheduled Areas in several States?
Ans – B) Fifth
9. Who decides de-recognition of the Political Party solely on the basis of its performance at the election, e.g., bycotting of the election?
A) Supreme Court of India
B) High Court
C) Election Commission
D) District Court
Ans – C) Election Commission
10. Who decides allotment of symbols to Political Parties?
A) Election Commission
B) Political Party Governing Committees
C) Election Committee of Political Party
Ans – A) Election Commission
11. Which Schedule of the Constitution contains Forms of Oath or Affirmations?
Ans – C) 3rd