This Current Affairs Section is exclusively developed for Aspirant Students Who wants to get an over all idea about day’s important happening, which are important for competitive exams. This module will help users to easily remember those important topics or news of the day. We will keep publishing latest current affairs in a single page, so that readers won’t have to switch to other pages.
Current Affairs – 14 February 2020
India and Portugal Signed MoU – 7 Agreement Exchanged
Today 7 Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) has been signed by India and Partugal in Hyderabad House, New Delhi on 14 February, 2020. Indian PM Narendra Modi and Portugal President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa were present in the occasion.
- MoU Signed on Audio Visual Co-operation and co-production
- MoU Signed on Diplomatic Training and Exchange of Information – Between Ministry on External Affairs, India and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Portugal
- Co-operation Agreement in the Field of Maritime Transport and Ports
- MoU for Migration and Mobility Partnership between Govt. of India and Govt of Portugal
- MoU Signed for Collaboration of Startups between Startup Portugal and Invest India
- MoU for Co-operation in Development of national Maritime Heritage Complex at Lothal Gujarat between Ministry of National Defense, Portugal and Ministry of Shipping, India
- MoU Co-operation in the field of Industrial and Intellectual property rights between Economic and Food Safety Authority,Ministry of Economy, Portugal and Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, India
Apart from above seven MoUs, Seven more MoU signed between various Portuguese establishments and India’s States and various Institutions.
- MoU for Defense Studies and Analysis
- MoU for Exchange of Women Startup Entrepreneurs
- MoU for Higher Sciences
- MoU for Nano/Bio Technology
- MoU for Aeronautical Engineering Between HAL & CEIIA
- MoU for Production of Drowns
- MoU for Scientific Validation Project on Benefits of Yoga for Portuguese School Children
Current Affairs – 17 January 2020
GSAT-30 Successfully Launched
- This is India’s first Satellite launch in 2020
- Launched by European Space Agency’s Ariane-5(VA251)
- Launched From French Guiana at 2.35 AM IST on Friday
- AIM- This is a communication satellite by ISRO to replace Insat-4A
- Indian Mainland coverage with Ku-band and exetendec C-band coverage for Asian countries & Australlia
- USAGE – For Television Broadcasting, VSAT, DSNG, DTH, Cellular Backhaul connectivity
- Mission Life – 15 Years., Mass- 3357 Kg
“APNA UREA-Sona Ugle” Launched by Sadanand Gowda
The Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, D.V. Sadananda Gowda has launched “Apna Urea – Sonaugle” brand of HURL(Hindistan Urvarak and Rasayan Limited) today. He also unveils the logo of the company.
HURL is a Joint venture which is promoted by CIL, NTPC and IOCL as main promoters and HFCL & FCIL as other promoters/partners.
- Total Installed Production Capacityof 38.1 LMT of Neem Coated Urea Per Year by 2021
- Natural Gas will be supplied by GAIL to the Plant
Five Units are expected to be Commissioned by 2023. See below details for unit wise deadlines.
- Barauni(Bihar) – By May 2021
- Gorakhpur(UP) – By February 2021
- Talcher(Odisha) – By September 2023
- Sindri(Jharkhand) – By May 2021
- Ramagundam(Telengana) – December 2019
Current Affairs – 16 January 2020
Assam Inland Water Transport Project – Govt. of India and World Bank Signs $88 Million Loan
The Government of India and the World Bank has signed a loan agreement of 88 Million US Dollar to implement the Assam Inland Water Transport project(AIWTP).
A majority of Assam’s ferry routes cross the Brahmaputra or serve its islands, which is a considered as the life line for the commuters of rural and urban areas of Brahmaputra valley.
Take Aways :
- AIWTP will help the passenger ferry infrastructure of Assam.
- Assam has the largest network of navigable waterways-Says Country Director of World Bank India
- Project will support Assam Govt’s efforts to corporatise its gerry services.
- Project include building of Modern Ferry Terminals
World bank’s 88 Million Dollar loan has a final maturity period of 14.5 years. This includes a grace period of 5 Years.