History GK and Quiz Online questions are taken from various previous competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, LIC, SBI PO etc. These sets are aimed to enhance your historical knowledge with facts. You can also Play online Quiz Contest and Win Cash prizes here.
1. How did the Non-cooperation Movement affect the Congress?
A) It became the leader of the masses in the nationalist struggle to win freedom from British rule
B) Once again the control shifted from moderates to extremists
C) It became a more business like body with a Working Committee and Constitution
D) From constitutional agitation it changed its method to passive resistance
Ans – A) It became the leader of the masses in the nationalist struggle to win freedom from British rule
2. How did Sultan Qutub-ud-din Aibak die?
A) He sustained injuries while besieging the fortress of Kalinjar in Bundelkhand and succumbed to death later
B) He died after a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan
C) He was treacherously stabled to death by one of his ambitious nobles
D) He was killed in a battle with Taj-u-din Yildiz, the rular of Ghazni who entered into a contest with him over the capture of Punjab
Ans – B) He died after a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan
3. Humayun Nama was written by:
C) Gulbadan Begum
D) Abul Fazl
Ans – C) Gulbadan Begum
4. Mahatma Gandhi was born at which place?
Ans – D) Porbander
5. How many times the preamble was amended
D) Four times
Ans – A) Once
6. Lumbini where Gautam Buddha was born is in which country?
Ans – C) Nepal
7. Madhubani’, a style of folk paintings is popular in which of the following states in India?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Ans – C) Bihar
8. In 1829, which Governor-General prohibited the practice of ‘Sati’ ?
A) Lord Amherst
B) Lord William Bentinck
C) Lord Cornwallis
D) Lord CurzonAns –
Ans – B) Lord William Bentinck
9. Mahatma Gandhi used for the first time hunger strike as a weapon during?
A) Bardoli Satyagraha
B) Ahmedabad Strike
C) Khadi Satyagraha
D) Champaran Satyagraha
Ans – B) Ahmedabad Strike
10. Mahatma Gandhi participated In the Second Round Table conference after:
A) receiving assurance that independence was fast coming
B) refusing to hold direct talks with the Muslim League
C) being permitted by the Congress
D) signing the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of March 1931
Ans – D) signing the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of March 1931