History General Knowledge Part-1
1. Krishna Dvaipayana, author of the epic Mahabharat, better known as ?
ANS – Veda Vyasa
2. By which Act the Commercial Rights of East India Company were abolished?
ANS – Charter Act 1833
3. Who helped Chandragupta Maurya to build the first great empire in India?
ANS – Kautilya
4. Which Government of India program aims to help, build or upgrade dwelling units of below the poverty line of rural families?
ANS – Indira Awaas Yojana
5. Which religion was embraced Chandra Gupta Maurya and then he became a Sanyasi?
ANS – Jainism
6. Which metal was not known to the Indus valley people?
ANS – Iron
7. Which Chalukya ruler stopped Harshavardhana from expanding into south after defeating him on the banks of Narmada river?
ANS – Pulkesin II
8. Wheat, Rice, Millet were grown by people of Harappan Civilization. True or False?
ANS – True
9. Who was Chandragupta Maurya’s Chief Advisor?
ANS – Chanakya
10. Chanakya was Chief advisor of Bindusara. True or False?
ANS – True. Chanakya was Chief Advisor of Both Chandragupta Maurya and his son Bindusara.