A great collection of Largest biggest highest smallest things in India, which are useful for students preparing for important competitive exams like Banking/PCS/SSC etc and also general knowledge and quiz competition in school and colleges.
1. What is the highest Civilian awards of India?
ANS – Bharat Ratna
2. What is the highest Gallantry Award of India?
ANS – Param Vir Chakra
3. What is the name of the longest river of India?
ANS – The Ganges
4. What is the name of the longest tributary river of India?
ANS – Yamuna
5. What is Deepest River Valley of India?
ANS – Bhagirathi & Alaknanda river valley
6. Which is India’s largest man-made lake?
ANS – Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar (Rihand Dam, Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh )
7. What is the name of the largest salt lake of India?
ANS – Chilka Lake(Odisha)
8. Which is India’s largest lake?
ANS – Wular Lake, Kashmir
9. What is the highest lake of India?
ANS – Devtal Lake,Gadhwal (Uttarakhand)
10. What is Longest Cantilever Span bridge of India?
ANS – Howrah Bridge(705m)
11. Which is Longest Railway Platform of India?
ANS – Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh), Length – 1.34 km. It is also the world’s longest railway station
12. Longest Railway Route of India?
ANS – Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari: Currently Vivek Exp. running in this route of 4286 km; and takes 82:30 hrs to complete the journey.
13. India’s longest Electric Railway line?
ANS – Delhi to Howrah via Patna
14. What is longest tunnel of India?
ANS – Pir Panjal Tunnel(Jammu and Kashmir)
15. Which is the Longest Highway of India?
ANS – NH-7. Runs from Varanasi to Kanyakumari (2369 KM)