Science Quiz and GK Part-1
1. On What basis the Atom bomb is made?
ANS – Nuclear Fission. This is one way that nuclear weapons release energy is by breaking atoms apart.
2. Who discovered Argon gas ?
ANS – William Ramsay (Argon Gas Symbol – Ar, Discovered in – 1894)
3. What are the ‘Animals adapted to life in air’ called?
ANS – Arboreal.
4. What happens when lime is added to soil?
ANS – Acidity of soil decreases. When Lime added to soil, it increases Soil’s pH, making soil less acidic and more alkaline.
5. By Which method two liquids can be separated if both liquid have widely different boiling points, they may be separated by
ANS – Fractional distillation
6. Where is the longest bone in a human body is located?
ANS – Thigh
7. In an atomic explosion, Why enormous energy is released?
ANS – Due to Conversion of mass into energy
8. In an atomic nucleus, neutrons and protons are held together by?
ANS – Exchange Forces, Also called as Strong Nuclear Force
9. What fuel is used in a nuclear reactor?
ANS – Mainly Uranium. Radioactive metals like uranium-235 and plutonium-239
10. If the current and the voltage are out of phase by 90 degree, then the power factor is?
ANS – Zero.